I Want to Know
How do you have it figured out?
I mean, what’s going on in the world?
Well, it’s about two covenants isn’t it?
In the first covenant (agreement) God gave us Ten Commandments that would bring about healthy relationships:
- A healthy relationship with God,
- A healthy relationship with people, and
- A healthy relationship with ourselves.
God gave us the commandments so we could be successful and prosper.
But we couldn’t/can’t keep the commandments.
We’ve broken every rule and are ill because of it.
What’s God Up To?
Yet God knew our dilemma, so
God provided a new covenant.
This new covenant isn’t like the old covenant. Again, in the first covenant we had to keep doing things.
To do well we always had to choose the right thing over the un-right thing.
Good News! The new covenant changes everything:
- In the new covenant there is one thing to do, everything else has been done for us.
- In this new covenant God offers us His Son—Jesus.
- In this new covenant God gives us Himself.
Today, to have a healthy relationship with God, with people and with ourselves we need to choose the new covenant—Jesus.
The old covenant is not forgotten; it has been built-into the new covenant.
This is what’s going on in the world; the old covenant has been wrapped into the new covenant.
Get the whole—the new.
(To be continued)