Why didn’t Jesus say these things?
- Because Jesus is pro-people.
- Because Jesus enters into a relationship with someone wherever they are at this moment.
- Because Jesus’ behavior isn’t anything like some who say they are his followers.
I remember sitting with a group of friends drinking coffee. We weren’t talking about anything memorable until the subject of Christian behavior came up. At that time Terri said, “Unfortunately most people know more about what we’re against than who we’re for.”
Some Christians seem to have a list of reasons or excuses or justifications for why they cannot behave like Jesus.
Other people may think and say,
- “Jesus was never in my situation.”
- “Jesus never knew anyone like _____.”
- “Jesus isn’t relevant today.”
Um, not true.
The passion, sympathy, and kindness Jesus practiced is relevant just as much now as it was then.
If I claim I am a follower of Jesus I must believe as He did/does.
Thanks for listening to Lee’s Nite Radio.
Matthew West “My Own Little World”