This educational institution teaches keen lessons of survival and success in its classrooms.
Unhappily, few are able to see pain as evidence of acceptance and maturity.
- Pain refines.
- Pain confirms faithfulness in the furnace of affliction.
Jesus, more than anyone, knows the benefits of pain (suffering).
Jesus suffered greatly so that fellowship between God and His creation could be restored.
- Experience pain as a gift.
James 1:2-4, “Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble come your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.”
Pain that is self-afflicted has no merit.
It’s useless to suppose the benefit of pain can be manufactured by self flagellation.
This is an empty exercise.
- Pain simply is.
- Pain is the consequence of disobedience.
- Pain does not have to be created.
Therefore only the pains of life endured through the grace and power of the Holy Spirit are of any benefit.
This type of suffering (pain) is worthwhile and its value is rarely, fully, appreciated.
- I am taught by my suffering and pain.
- I am loved by my pain and suffering.
- I am enrolled (whether I want to be or not) in the school of pain.
I can thrive in the school of pain because God is preparing me for His work and glory.