Pastor Mark talked about how to gain personal prosperity in a Bible study on Luke 6: 36-38 * entitled: The Key to Blessing
Here are my notes:
- My giving is the key to every blessing
- There are four commands from Christ:
- Don’t be judgmental and I won’t be judged
- Don’t condemn and I won’t be condemned
- Forgive and I will be forgiven
- Give and I will be given much
- God calls us to be “givers”
- Give and it will be given. The challenge is for me to give. I have to give first. My choice.
- My choice opens up the percentage of my return. I am to give what God puts on my heart.
- God offers a “flow” of blessing. I cannot out give God. Try it!
- A new lifestyle is offered. Pray, receive direction, and be obedient in giving.
- Personal satisfaction, freedom, and fulfillment are the result of giving.
- Become the faucet that God can pour His blessing through.
Dare yourself to be a blessing and enjoy your new prosperity.
* Luke 6: 36 Have pity on others, just as your Father has pity on you. 37 Jesus said: Don’t judge others, and God won’t judge you. Don’t be hard on others, and God won’t be hard on you. Forgive others, and God will forgive you. 38 If you give to others, you will be given a full amount in return. It will be packed down, shaken together, and spilling over into your lap. The way you treat others is the way you will be treated.