Cov-e-nant= a critical agreement or promise.
I Want to Ask You …
How do you have it figured out?
What’s going on in the world?
I Say it’s About Two Covenants
In the first covenant God gave us Ten Commandments that would guarantee safe and healthy relationships:
- A safe and healthy relationship with God,
- A safe and healthy relationship with people, and
- A safe and healthy relationship with ourselves.
God set up the commandments so we could be secure and prosper.
But, by ourselves, we couldn’t/wouldn’t/can’t keep the commandments.
We’ve broken every rule and we’re consequently stuck in physical, emotional, and spiritual poverty.
What God’s Up To
However since God knew our dilemma,
God provided a new covenant.
This new covenant isn’t like the old covenant. Remember, in the first covenant, we had to keep all the rules perfectly.
To live free we always had to stretch for a standard we were incapable of reaching.
Welcome News! The new covenant changed everything:
- In the new covenant, there is one thing to do, everything else is already completed.
- In this new covenant, God offers us His Son—Jesus.
- In this new covenant, God gives us Himself.
Nowadays—to have a safe and healthy relationship with God, with people, and with ourselves—we need to choose the new covenant … Jesus.
Although the old covenant isn’t dead, it’s alive in the new covenant.
This is what life is about, this is what’s going on in the world; the old covenant has been wrapped inside the new covenant.
An offer has been made: Get the whole—the new.
(To be continued)
Aaron Shust Ever Be