I know, I know … is there anything new left to be said about the value of kindness?
Of course there is.
First, The Father gives us opportunities to serve Him through others. But just because I know this it doesn’t mean I’m doing anything about it. People thirst, but do I hand them a bottle of water? People are hungry, but do I offer them twenty dollars for lunch? Or better yet, take them out for a meal and get to know them?
Be on watch for these opportunities. They come at unsuspecting times. And they bring joy and wonder to faith in Christ.
Second, Jesus taught kindness by example. Of course the first thing I’m thinking is, “Yeah, but that was Jesus!” But then I’m reminded that Jesus did these kind things and then said fascinating word such as, “You feed them.”
I think this might mean, let Jesus live His life in me and through me today and tomorrow. And moreover, make Jesus’ kindness my future.
Third, the Holy Spirit isn’t a bully. You and I don’t have to be kind. But who’s impressed with intimidation and manipulation? Does anyone enjoy being threatened? Not to my knowledge. Kindness is preferred. Bullies are avoided.
Other Stuff You Probably Already Know:
- Air to breathe is evidence of God’s kindness.
- Losing your temper isn’t evidence of kindness.
- Practicing kindness improves the skill of kindness.
- A spiritual warrior is skilled in using the weapon of kindness.
- Choosing kindness offers personal growth and freedom.
- Kindness unleashes God’s power into circumstance. (Are you ready for that?)
- Acting and responding with kindness is a challenge.
- Kindness isn’t for the weak-willed-wimp.
What You May Not Know:
- Kindness belongs on your things to do list.
- It’s okay to surprise someone with kindness.
- When you’re kind, you have a chance to experience the living Christ.
- Kindness leads you to prosperity
- There is always a demand for immediate kindness.
What You Do Not Know:
- How the Lord will use an act of kindness to change someone’s life forever.
A Brain-Dead Simple But Practically Effective Way To Fortify Your Day:
Go forth and be kind.
Jesus is ready to work through your kindness.
Are you ready to become kindness for the sake of Christ and the common good?