I Want to Know
How do you have it figured out?
What’s going on in the world?
Well, It’s About Two Covenants, isn’t It?
In the first covenant (agreement) God gave us the Ten Commandments, which would lead us to safe and healthy relationships.
- A safe and healthy relationship with God.
- A safe and healthy relationship with people and
- A safe and healthy relationship with ourselves.
God set up the commandments so we could be secure and prosper.
But we couldn’t/ can’t keep the commandments.
We broke every rule and were stuck in poverty.
What’s God Up To?
Yet God knew our dilemma so,
God provided a new covenant.
This New Covenant isn’t like the First Covenant. Again, in the previous covenant, we had to keep all the rules… perfectly.
To be our best we always had to reach a standard we could not maintain.
Good News! The New Covenant changed everything.
- In the New Covenant, there is one thing to do, everything else is done.
- In the New Covenant, God offers us His Son—Jesus.
- In the New Covenant, God gives us Himself.
Today to have a safe and healthy relationship with God, with people, and with ourselves, we need to choose Jesus.
The Old Covenant isn’t forgotten, it’s alive inside the New Covenant.
This is what’s going on in the world: the First Covenant is wrapped within the New Covenant.
Get the whole—the New.
(to be continued)